~EXCEED ALL EXPECTATIONS & BLOW AWAY THE COMPETITION~

~EXCEED ALL EXPECTATIONS & BLOW AWAY THE COMPETITION~
"It ain't braggin' if you can do it." ~Muhammad Ali~

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Reflection

In response to my previous post....
Throughout most of my teen years I had a problem with a fear of failure. Very lame, I know. Basically I wouldn't try anything I was not very good at, or was uncomfortable with, because there was a very good chance I would not succeed, or I would be made a fool of. Well how the hell was I ever going to succeed if I never gave it a go. I took a much needed year off from school after I graduated high school. Best thing I could have done for many different reasons. The main one being that I was f'n tired of academics and learning subjects not of my interest. Anyway I digress. At 18, and I wish it had been sooner, I started forcing the issue on participating in things that I had previously been uncomfortable doing and tried to exude some confidence. I figured this was an important part of me growing and maturing as a young man and overall as a person.
To this day I practice somewhat the same philosophy. I first heard the quote by Marianne Williamson when I was 21. Hearing it, I immediately altered my mentality in this practice. Instead of combating my fear of failure, I began seeing the fear as she refers to it. "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." Now I strive to shine to the point where people around me have no choice, but to blossom to there fullest potential.
I still read the quote from time to time. I don't read it for inspiration, its more for reflection. I ask myself am I continuing to give these ideas credence. I feel I do the majority of the time. I hope I am at the point where I am positively affecting people's lives like the quote says. A number of people have affected my life greatly in this way and ongoing since my late teen years. I am forever grateful that they were and are apart of my life.
Don't fear failure! You will likely miss being something greater than you could ever imagine. This will not only affect you, but others around you, positively or negatively, depending which way you go. This is something I will work on till I'm resting peacefully in the ground. I am by no means a perfect human being, none of us are. This kind of personal growth is a journey that has no end. Whether your raising and supporting a family, working along side co-workers, or growing old with a loved one, family and friends, you always try to affect those around you in the most positive ways. That always starts with being as complete a person as you can be. Being content and confident in who you are, what you stand for and what you strive to be.


Training Log
Tuesday 6/10/08

5 Rounds
10 strict dead hang pullups
10 ring dips
10 pushups
10 single arm overheads squats 26# kb (left) I am seriously weak at this movement. I need the extra work on the left side.
I did not time this WOD, it was just to get the reps in and the room I did it in at home was literally over 100 degrees.

Wednesday 6/11/08
(Dawn's Birthday!)
Wish her a very happy one.
Because she started crossfitting three years ago at the age of 39 she officially turned 36 today. Yes, that is how it works.

NSC WOD
21-15-9
deadlift 225#
box jump overs 20"
ring dips
7:58

No comments: