~EXCEED ALL EXPECTATIONS & BLOW AWAY THE COMPETITION~

~EXCEED ALL EXPECTATIONS & BLOW AWAY THE COMPETITION~
"It ain't braggin' if you can do it." ~Muhammad Ali~

Monday, June 23, 2008

Excpert from Dr. David Klein

Training/Diet Log
Monday 6/23/08

545am
1 scoop primal defense
7am
Banana
815am
Banana
915am
Pair
1045am
4 cups cantaloupe
215pm
20 oz smoothie containing 2 bananas, 7 soaked dates, 1 apple
415pm
2 bananas
745pm
Juiced celery, pair, green peppers
815pm
2 bowls of steamed sweet potato


This is an excerpt from the book I'm following for the diet about what to expect during the healing phase of colitis.
"As previously explained, weight loss will ensue as you clean out and nourish your body with the most healthful diet. The weight that is lost is actually toxic morbid matter, which has been making you sick, as well as, unhealthy fat and water, so it is a good thing that your body has the wisdom to get rid of the debris that has been dragging you down! If you understand the healing process and the purpose of detoxification and are relaxed as you follow this program, your weight will bottom out at a weight that is safe, at which you will be clean inside, then gradually healthy weight will be regained, leaving you feeling genuinely healthy, happy, strong and free of disease. Indeed it is not fun being very thin, but that is typically what we have to endure for a while as the body accomplishes its rebuilding task. Keep in mind that healing and rebuilding require patience; on this program you will be building superior health and there is no shortcut to health."
Yes I'm bummed about being so skinny especially after all the time and training it took to get where I was. But I have to stay positive with what I am experiencing. I fully admit this has been my weakest point. In my opinion, I am failing the mental game while I am succeeding in maintaining this diet. The negative feelings and thoughts I can't get rid of do not promote healing as they release stress hormones through the body. I need to get positive and stay there. Otherwise the diet which is tough enough, won't be working at full capacity.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Greg,
You re an amazing individual!! I am so proud of how diligently you are working with this diet so that your body can heal itself. It will happen, and you will be all the better for it, and stronger than ever.
Love,
Mum

Dawn Adam-Brown said...

Just a couple of things you need to remember. The loses you are experiencing right now are only temporary...the gains in health, knowledge and mental fortitude will be with you forever.
Stay strong my friend.