~EXCEED ALL EXPECTATIONS & BLOW AWAY THE COMPETITION~

~EXCEED ALL EXPECTATIONS & BLOW AWAY THE COMPETITION~
"It ain't braggin' if you can do it." ~Muhammad Ali~

Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's Good to be Back

Skill: handstand walks on the wall during 6am class

7am class hittin' the WOD

So.... No more diet log! Every now and again there may be a training log, but no diet log. I'm happy to report that I am EATING again! Eggs, nuts, MEAT, and smoothies with raw chocolate. It's all back in the diet and it's never felt better. During a doctors office visit last Friday, I was brought to an important recognition as to what the root of the condition was that had taken form in my body. The doctor wanted me to take a look at the emotional/mental state of my being, and see when and how that may have affected my physical state. He also said I should eat as I please, as long as it is real food, meaning it is found and grows in nature. Eat something and see how it reacts with you, he simply put it. Most important is that I enjoy what I eat, don't deprive myself, and eat in a calm, clear emotional state.

The inward journey is never truly over in life as we will always strive to better know ourselves and let others close to our lives benefit from the best things we discover about our deepest being. From looking inward I had recognized that I had so much in my life to be happy about, like my career, my friends and my family, and I had known this for a long time. But instead of enjoying it all, I had felt guilty about having so much. I was questioning my own self-worth. I'm not ashamed or embarrassed to share such personal information with whoever reads this because it is me and I am not ashamed of who I am. We can all grow from recognizing our weaknesses so don't hide them. Reveal them and deal with them head on.

Since I already appreciate everything I have, the part I have to retrain is telling myself it is OK to enjoy it all. Now I am enjoying ALL of it to my fullest capabilities. I am in control of my life again. It will not be something that is very difficult for me to maintain. As I said, I have great friends, family and therefore support in my life. None of us are ever fully alone in this world. That is not a religious statement, but everyone needs to realize that there is divinity and light in every one of us. I could go on and on, as I love to philosophize. The point of all this is that there is great healing power in dealing with the emotional, mental and even spiritual areas of your life. My physical weakness is clearly my digestive system. That has been apparent for most of my life and it all came to a head when I was 17 and has flickered in and out since then. As my mental and emotional being suffer my physical weaknesses are the symptoms of the much deeper issue, that I must recognize and confront. That has been true with each case of colitis in my life. Be real with yourself and you will find things you do and don't like, but most important you will ultimately gain great respect for yourself for being true to you.

Anyway.... I'm good. So let's eat, drink and be merry! It's a celebration bitches. Enjoy yourself. Sorry, for those who don't know, I had to quote Chappelle's Show.

No comments: