~EXCEED ALL EXPECTATIONS & BLOW AWAY THE COMPETITION~

~EXCEED ALL EXPECTATIONS & BLOW AWAY THE COMPETITION~
"It ain't braggin' if you can do it." ~Muhammad Ali~

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fran

Training Log
5/22/08

Fran
21-15-9
thruster 95#
pullups
3:54
on 2/26/08 3:54

Did Fran today on a whim. Didn't do it with the idea of really pushing myself or with a goal of beating my last time. Turns out I didn't have to work as hard to get the same time as three months ago. Well actually I did the exact same amount of work and produced the same power output since I did it in the same amount of time. The difference was how I felt during and more so how I felt after the last rep. I wasn't rolling around on the floor looking for breathes and praying for the burn in my legs, forearms and lungs to fade fast. Instead I dropped off the bar staying on my feet and thinking, "huh... same time as last time." And it didn't feel like the same effort as before. I had a little burning in my chest, but that was about it other than some light panting. Not a better time, but I mark that as progress in my book. Especially since my first rx'd Fran was 8:00 in early winter of '07. My first crossfit wod, first day in the door was Fran (August '06). I used a 45# bar and did about 20 pullups out of the total 45, and the rest jumping. Don't remember if I finished her. Still hate her to this day.

PS - Still not looking forward to Murph. Haven't done it since my second week doing crossfit. My time was 61:?? There were alot of jumping pullups in that workout and the whole thing was a huge struggle. While everyone else was doing two squats a second, I was doing one squat every two seconds. The wod never felt good. The whole time I was trying real hard not to hurl, seriously. You all will do much better, seriously. See ya'll out there.

No comments: