~EXCEED ALL EXPECTATIONS & BLOW AWAY THE COMPETITION~

~EXCEED ALL EXPECTATIONS & BLOW AWAY THE COMPETITION~
"It ain't braggin' if you can do it." ~Muhammad Ali~

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Deadlift Video



The Deadlift from Patrick Cummings on Vimeo.

Training Log: Catch Up
5/25/08

More running drills during the Running and Endurance Cert.
4 200m runs (videoed for critique)
My running skill improved greatly along with everyone elses from the beginning of day 1 to the end of day 2. On day one during one stride it took me 3 frames to get to my figure 4 stance with my landing foot beneath my center of base, my foot spent a total of 6 frames on the ground, and 3 frames with no feet on the ground. The other things wrong with my stride was a heel strike with my front foot as opposed to ball of foot and then my leg extending out the back as opposed to pulling up off the ground quickly. We are looking for faster turnover. Foot on the ground for much shorter time and foot under center as fast as possible. Add a lean at the ankle not the hip and you have a fast more engergy efficient stride.
On day 2 it only took 1 frame for my landing foot to pass under center(day 1: 3 frames), my foot spent 3.5 frames on the ground(day 1: 6 frames), and my air time was up to 5 frames(day 1: 3 frames). Other things that improved was no premature heel strike and no extension and push out the back. Brian and Carl were great coaches. It was impressive what they could accomplish with all of us in just two days. Oh, and that 1 frame under center is considered elite. But to put that in perspective, that was only over a 200m distance. I could not maintain that kind of turnover for much longer a distance. Michael Johnson the world record holder in the 200m maintains a 3/4 frame turnover for 400m and I'm sure for even longer.
I think you guys will enjoy learning this running technique, but be patient with it because much like o-lifting and everything else we do, it takes alot of practice and understanding. REPS, REPS, REPS... There is only one way the body is meant to move itself, move weight and run functionally. This Pose running style is the way the human body mechanically works with gravity to its benefit as opposed to working against it. Makes sense to work with gravity considering its a constant force on our bodies. It takes alot of energy to oppose it.

ps_ Best cert. I have been to to date!

5/26/08
Murph
1 mile run
100 pullups
200 pushups
300 squats
1 mile run
35:05 first mile 6:25
Everyone did awesome with this workout. It was really fun doing it with everyone and fun to watch everyone git it there absolute best.

5/27/08
I wanted to do a 5x5 press at 115# like I did the last time I pressed. It turned into a 5x4 press at 115#. My press just wasn't feeling as strong. It could have had something to do with all the pullups and pushups in Murph. We will see what happens next time I press. I will attempt a 5x5 at 115# again.

5/28/08
REST DAY

5/29/08
5x3 Front Squat
245# same weight as my last front squat set

5x3 Split Jerk
up to 185# more of a practice than a legit split jerk strength set.

No comments: